Table of Contents Hide
Companies in the construction industry and app developers looking to enter the industry may find some helpful information in this article.
The rate of technological advancement in this sector has accelerated recently. According to US Glass News Network research, most (63%) of construction tech startups invest in tools for better teamwork and communication.
Construction firms are increasingly turning to apps like Aconex and Buildertrend to support project management and now only construction, many companies have developed truck driver recruitment app too.
I will now detail the process of developing a mobile construction app to assist businesses interested in capitalizing on the current trend in the app programming sector. Nonetheless, before you start creating your mobile construction app, it’s a good idea to look at some examples to get a feel for what the market already offers.
Features Of A Construction App
For a construction site to benefit from a mobile app, it must have the following elements:
- The app has to include built-in chat functions to facilitate communication between field workers and office staff.
- Construction project managers need access to up-to-the-minute data on the field, and the app should make that possible.
- We recommend that the app has advanced reporting features.
- The dashboard has to be flexible enough for individual adjustments.
- The in-house team and the PM out in the field should be able to easily share and sync files and keep track of project progress.
- The app’s supposed to help you manage your finances. Managers must be able to input financial information. Moreover, they should be allowed to input their best guesses and get projections.
- A polished ‘User Interface’ (UI) is crucial before releasing the product.
- The app has to work on major mobile operating systems, such as Android and iOS.
- Given the importance and value of construction projects, all details about them must be treated as confidential. The app developer needs to add robust safety functions to work safely.
- A construction project manager must also log field reports, input timesheets, fill out paperwork, and attach photos to illustrate the project’s progress.
How to Create a Construction-Related?
1. Research And Prioritize Needs
When creating software, it’s important to determine what issues it’s meant to fix, what demands your company has, and how it might help you succeed. Your future mobile app’s feature set (including any necessary real-time capabilities) will be based on these requirements.
One example is creating construction management software to facilitate the organization and administration of a company’s construction projects. Increase construction material sales by allowing customers to buy and deliver products using your app.
2. Contact an Expert App Developer
In the same JBKnowledge ConTech Report, it was found that just 49% of the construction firms polled in 2020 had an IT department. You may recruit an app developing company and application programming experts or send the work outside if you still need to get one in-house.
3. Create A Plan & A Model
The construction app’s features and layout are implemented in the third phase. Your construction app’s user interface should seem polished and professional, even in its basic form. Fast navigation, simple graphics, appropriate color schemes, and clean layouts are crucial for construction apps: users must see papers, input data, compute figures, or discover contacts on tiny displays under settings.